Friday, November 03, 2006

Learners' accomplishments

I am very happy with the combination of tools that my students are using: blogs for writing and communicate with other worldwide bloggers, some photostories, like this one by Robert,
, where they express themselves in a more creative way and podcasts where they use their oral skills. Listen to this podcast by one of my AMEP students, Anna's interview: Movies
You can read a post about it posted by Michael Chalk in edna.

I love the fact that I've facilitated contacts (global contacts) between my students and ESL teachers and students from all over the world, Barcelona, Brazil, Portugal, New Zealand, Adelaide, Dublin, and Queensland.

I think everything is happening because students must feel it's good to learn and I use new technology. Maybe I was able to pass onto them (and some of my colleagues) a bit of my enthusiasm about the whole thing. IT support has allowed me to get the tools (Audacity, Lame, photostory, Windows Movie Maker) needed in a couple of computer rooms. The rest is a lot of time (at home!) learning, experimenting, networking (for the overseas p2p exchanges) and thinking about what to do every week and how to best fit it with the course plan.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home